Version dated 01 September 2022
We invite you to carefully read these general conditions of use.
The website www.careerhub.mu offers job offers from third-party companies to which Internet users can apply directly (hereinafter, the “CH Site” or the “CH Service” or the “Company”). The Corporation therefore connects recruiters and candidates.
If you have any questions about this document and our services, please contact us on the contact tab of our website.
Table of Contents
- Services offered via the CH Site
- GTU Acceptance and Updates
- Obligations of Users
- Intellectual Property and Site Integrity
- Content published by the Company
- Content provided by the Users
- Guarantee and accessibility to the Site
- Services offered by the Company
- Content imported via the Platform
4. Internet network and data loss
- Miscellaneous stipulations
- Applicable law and jurisdiction
ARTICLE 1. PURPOSE
This document is a contract between the user of the CH Service, regardless of his or her profile: individual, non-professional, and professional (the “User” or “You”) and the Company (the “Party” or “Parties”).
ARTICLE 2. SERVICES OFFERED VIA THE CH SITE
The Company makes available to Users, via the CH Site:
- Articles on the theme of employment and recruitment,
- Descriptive sheets of companies gathering all the information (text, images and videos) related to the activity of recruiters;
- Job offers of recruiters;
- Business interviews and
- Selling products online, the terms of which are available at https://careerhub.mu/our-services/#price-plan
- Access for “premium recruiters” to the database of registered candidates on www.careerhub.mu.
The CH Service publishes job offers published by third-party companies (hereinafter the “Recruiters”) and allows interested candidates to apply directly online (hereinafter the “Candidates”). In addition, the Company makes available to Users a search engine allowing to target information on companies or job offers.
Candidates, if you are interested in a job advertisement posted on the CH Site, you can directly apply online. To do this, you must complete an online form with information and documents about your identity, your academic and professional background, as well as your motivation. This information will be sent directly to the Recruiter concerned, who will keep you informed of the outcome of this application. As the Company is not a party to the recruitment process, the Recruiter is the only one authorised to contact you.
Recruiters, we invite you to visit our pages dedicated to «Recruiters» to learn more about our services. If you are interested, contact our teams (in particular via the “Contact” tab) to know our terms and conditions of sale.
The submission of applications for Job Offers accessible via Site CH is a free service for Candidates. The distribution of Job Offers and access to our services are paid for by Recruiters. Contact our teams to know our rates.
ARTICLE 3. ACCEPTANCE AND UPDATES OF THE GTU
ARTICLE 4. OBLIGATIONS OF USERS
In connection with the use of the CH Service, the User undertakes to:
- Comply with the stipulations described in the GTU and the laws in force, and to respect the rights of third parties;
- Communicate only information, files and other content that are truthful, honest and loyal;
- Do not publish advertising CVs or those aimed at promoting products or services;
- Do not disclose personal information (texts, photos and videos) of third parties without their consent via the CH Service;
- Do not import and broadcast via the CH Site illegal comments or content, including any infringing, defamatory, abusive, obscene, offensive, discriminatory, violent, xenophobic or inciting racial hatred; or any other content contrary to morality and rules of propriety;
- Not integrate and distribute via the CH Site content that would be contrary to the purpose of our Service;
- Do not communicate or send, through the CH Site, any content, which would include links to illicit or offensive websites or sites incompatible with the purpose of the CH Service;
- Use the CH Site to send mass unsolicited messages (advertising or other).
In addition, the Candidate expressly guarantees the veracity and the reality of the information contained in his application (profile, training, professional experience, etc.).
In the event of a breach of one or more of these obligations, we reserve the right to exclude the offending Candidate from the CH Service.
ARTICLE 5. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND INTEGRITY OF THE SITE
5.1 Content published by the Company
The content of the CH Site, in particular its structure, design, interfaces, databases, texts, digital content, brands, images, videos, music and all graphic elements that make it up, as well as the HTML referencing tags (meta-tags), excluding content belonging to third parties, are the exclusive property of the Company. This content is protected by the provisions of the Intellectual Property Code and by any national or international text in force applicable to intellectual property law.
Any reproduction, distribution or use of all or part of the content of the CH Site in any form whatsoever, without the express prior authorisation of the Company, is prohibited and would constitute an infringement, punishable under the Intellectual Property Rights.
Similarly, you must not :
- To extract by temporary or permanent transfer, or to use by making available to the public, all or a substantial part in quantitative or qualitative terms of our Site and other databases visible on our Site, for commercial or other purposes;
- Repeatedly and systematically extract or use all or part of the information visible on our Site, when such an operation clearly exceeds normal private use of the CH Service;
- Exploit, market or distribute any component of the CH Site, including the information visible on the CH Site and any other database;
- Use software or manual processes to copy our web pages or to record or collect information on these pages without the express prior written consent of the Company;
- Use devices or software for the purpose of disrupting or attempting to disrupt the proper functioning of the CH Service; or implement actions that would impose a disproportionate burden on our infrastructure.
5.2 Content provided by Users
The User (or Candidate) integrates and distributes content via the CH Site (application file, including the CV, covering letter, texts, videos, images, etc.) (hereinafter the “User Content”). As such, the User is and remains the owner of the rights to the said content. However, the User grants the Company, which accepts, a non-exclusive and free licence to use the User Content. This licence covers the right to use the said Content and to grant sub-licences for use for the purposes of executing the Contract. This licence to use shall remain in force for the duration of the Contract. To this end, the User declares that he is duly authorised to grant licences to use the User Content transmitted within the limits defined in the GCU.
ARTICLE 6. GUARANTEE AND ACCESS TO THE SERVICE
We make every effort to provide Users of the CH Site with a quality service. However, we do not warrant that the operation of the CH Service will be uninterrupted, error-free or secure. In general, we do not warrant the completeness or accuracy of the content and information provided through the CH Site. We do not warrant that the CH Service will meet the needs of Users. Users are responsible for ensuring that they have access to the appropriate technical means to use our services.
We reserve the right to suspend access to the CH Service from time to time in order to perform maintenance and updates to the CH Site. We will endeavour to carry out maintenance during non-business hours and to limit the duration of such maintenance.
ARTICLE 7. RESPONSIBILITIES
7.1 Services offered by the Company
We shall not be liable for any use you make of the Site and the CH Service. We shall not be held liable for simple errors or omissions that may have occurred despite all the precautions taken in the presentation of the CH Service. We cannot be held responsible for any damage resulting from the use of the Service. You use the CH Service at your own risk.
The Company shall not be liable for any consequences that may arise during, or as a result of, meetings or contacts between Candidates and Recruiters as a result of the use of the Site and the CH Service.
The sole purpose of the Company is to enable Candidates to publish their CVs and related content and to search for a job and build a profile to gain visibility with Recruiters.
Finally, it should be noted that we do not intervene in the candidate selection process. Therefore, the Company cannot be considered as an employer, a professional organisation, a recruitment agency or a headhunter, or as an agent of the latter.
7.2 Content imported via the Platform
We have no control over:
- The User Content imported or published via the CH Site (its legality, suitability, accuracy, relevance or timeliness). Any opinions expressed in the published content are the sole responsibility of the authors;
- The capacity or quality of the Recruiters or Applicants.
We cannot be held responsible for imported User Content. The User is solely responsible for the said Content, the Company having only the role of technical host of the said Content.
The Company has no general obligation to monitor data and User Content or to delete content that does not appear to be clearly illegal, notwithstanding its notification.
The CH Site may include hyperlinks to third party websites, including the websites of commercial partners. We shall in no way be held responsible for any direct and/or indirect damage that may result from the use of content, data or information of any kind accessible from such hyperlinks. It is your responsibility to check that the information on these partner websites is accurate, complete and complies with the regulations. The application of these GTU does not extend to third party sites.
7.4 Internet network and data loss
ARTICLE 8. DURATION AND TERMINATION
ARTICLE 9. MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS
Upon termination or expiration of this Agreement, the following sections shall remain in effect: Intellectual Property; Warranties; Liability, Miscellaneous Provisions; Applicable Law and Jurisdiction.
ARTICLE 10. APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE, THE PARTIES AGREE, IN THE FIRST INSTANCE, TO ATTEMPT TO RESOLVE IT AMICABLY. IN THE EVENT OF FAILURE TO DO SO, ALL DISPUTES THAT MAY ARISE BETWEEN THE PARTIES RELATING TO THE SIGNATURE, INTERPRETATION, EXECUTION AND TERMINATION OF THE PRESENT AGREEMENT SHALL BE SUBMITTED TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF THE COURTS OF MAURITIUS, TO WHICH THE PARTIES EXPRESSLY GRANT JURISDICTION, EVEN IN THE EVENT OF A PLURALITY OF DEFENDANTS, BY WAY OF APPEAL, GUARANTEE CALL OR BY PETITION.