Hotel Sous Chef – 4* LUXURY HOTEL
HOTEL SOUS CHEF – LUXURY 4* HOTEL – SMALL LUXURY HOTELS
We are looking for exceptional candidate to join our kitchen brigade on the beautiful island of Jersey
This is a great time to join our team as a Sous Chef where you’ll assist in spearheading the culinary experience and assist in driving our approach in delivering a high-quality food offering. You will be results driven and you will assist the Head Chef with working closely with our supply chain partners, in house centralised services, the kitchen and front of house teams to continue developing, researching, and implementing appropriate efficiency and quality changes across all outlets.
To support and assist the Head Chef and Exeutive Chef in effectively managing the Kitchen in ensuring the correct storage, preparation, cooking and presentation of food for all food and beverage outlets are adhered to according to Company Standards.
- Assist in leading and developing the Kitchen team through teamwork, skill, initiative and communication and assume a leadership role in support of the Head Chef during all periods of service.
- Deputise for the Head Chef when required.
- Assist with staff training, supervising all kitchen staff in the preparation, cooking and service of all dishes.
- Assist in ensuring wage costs are controlled in line with business levels through weekly forecasting.
- Ensure laundry is used correctly and is controlled within the kitchen.
- To be fully conversant with the food gross profit achieved and assist the Head and Exec Chef in achieving the budgeted food G.P.
- Ensure that the food hygiene regulations are followed at all times ensuring that the food is stored and rotated on a daily basis to eliminate wastage.
- In conjunction with the Head Chef and Exec Chef; check fridges and stocks on a daily basis and plan purchasing requirements in accordance with business demands.
- Assist with menu planning.
- Assist with monitoring all cleaning activities to ensure that the departmental cleaning schedules are followed and kept to a high standard and that all cleaning materials and equipment are used in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and COSHH legislation.
- Comply with statutory and legal requirements for Hygiene, Health and Safety and other legislation, ensuring that members of the Kitchen Team are also aware of these requirements and HACCP procedures / processes.
- Ensure the security of equipment and food stocks at all times.
- Responsible for the people management aspects of the role, including managing attendance, performance,
- H&S, completing reviews, 1-2-1’s, annual appraisals and training.
Key Skills / Entry Requirements:
We love to welcome people with different experiences and from different places into our family. We want to ensure you get the best experience from the role you begin your journey with us in. To excel within this role, you will have:
- Experience as a Junior Sous Chef / Senior Chef de Partie (minimum 4 years)
- City and Guilds Culinary Arts Diploma or similar certification
- Food Hygiene Level 2 or Level 3
- Can demonstrate experience of contributing towards menu development and implementation
- Can demonstrate an awareness of current food trends
- Can demonstrate experience of assisting with cost accounting, portion control and stock control
- Can demonstrate an awareness of the importance of minimising wastage
- Can demonstrate an understanding of how to complete a stock take and how to control stock.
- Good awareness of Health & Safety in the work place.
- Can demonstrate the ability to conduct individual and group training sessions with employees on key skills required within their job role.
- Competent in using Microsoft Outlook - email & calendar, Excel & Word
Why join ?
We encourage you to bring your true self to work. We’ll provide great training and development opportunities, allowing you to flourish in a fulfilling career, reaching your dreams and aspirations. Our family can never be too big, there’s a place here for you.
We have one ask - that you bring your personality, ideas, and spark. We’re an innovative, thriving business and we want you to be part of our exciting journey.
You'll work with great people, enjoy your time at work, develop new friendships, networks, and skills, and of course you will also receive a competitive rate of pay and a generous range of employee benefits which includes:
- 29 days holiday
- Training and development from day one
- Employee events and celebrations
- Very competitive salary
To be considered please submit your application today directly at http://ffi.sh/UPjJs
Please submit your:
- Chef Diploma / Qualification
- Hygiene Qualification
Initial screening, then a zoom call with recruiter, then an interview with the employer