Wine Cellar, Bar & Brasserie Manager
Wine Cellar, Bar & Brasserie Manager – 4* Town Centre Hotel
Part of a hotel but operating under it’s own brand, this upmarket BRASSERIE, BAR, RESTAURANT & WINE CELLAR is looking to recruit a MANAGER who has a proven track record to join the team to oversee this very unique and special operation. Your role will be to oversee the running of the entire business unit, deal with event / tasting enquiries from inception to execution, leading and managing a team, deliver exceptional service to ±50 covers daily and be responsible for the beverage stock, cost and GP.
We are looking for someone who exudes a passion for service, food, drinks and especially wine tastings / dinners / events. You will be a consummate professional in this field and must posses the ability to deliver wine tastings in an engaging and fun way and you will have at least WSET LEVEL 3.
In particular, you will
· Oversee the service of beverages and food the outlet and maintain overall responsibility for beverage service throughout the Hotel.
· Ensure cash procedures are adhered to and strictly monitored, including preparation and calculation of beverage bills within all departments, and cashing up of tills
· Take responsibility for stock control, including ordering, acceptance, maintenance of stock levels and stock rotation, and return of any sub-standard items
· Ensure Hotel security is maintained, and events are staffed appropriately and in accordance with licensing laws and Hotel Security Procedures
· Report and liaise regularly with General Manager and Hotel Directors regarding departmental performance and ensure they are informed of any relevant information or issues
· Develop and maintain professional relationships with internal and external customers
· Liaise with reception and sales department regarding handover and organisation of functions
· Liaise with accounts department to ensure invoices are forwarded promptly and are correct and that cash procedures are being adhered to
· Liaise with human resources department with regards to recruitment needs, training analysis and delivery and employee relations
· Perform a duty manager role while on shift when required, taking sole duty management responsibilities for the Hotel and dealing with any issues that may arise during shift
· Working shift work and weekends, and bank/public holidays, ensuring prompt timekeeping and attendance
· Ensure breaks are organised in accordance with fluctuations in the volume of business
· Assist with service in other areas of the hotel as requested
· Carry out any other reasonable request asked by Directors
You will demonstrate these leadership behaviours:
· Communicate a vision of success which the team want to be part of
· To promote a positive attitude and team ethos, including ‘lead by example’, for the department, setting the pace and standards and encouraging mutual respect
· Inspire & motivate the team to achieve 4* standards through our Standard Operating Procedures and therefore achieve sales and profits
· Train and develop the team to ensure food & beverage service is to specification, and self and staff cooperate with chefs and other staff and managers to ensure customers’ expectations are exceeded by ensuring service is as smooth and as continuous as possible
· Praise and recognise good performance
· Deal with poor performance through informal reprimands and where necessary implement the Company Disciplinary procedure – in conjunction with HR
· Pro-active in problem solving and work on own initiative to deal with problems and opportunities
The successful candidate will have:
• 3-4 years’ experience in Restaurant and Bar Management.
• Have in depth knowledge and passion for all things wine and food with the ability to confidently deliver wine tastings with expertise and humour.
• WSET level 3 as a minimum, an understanding of vintages and an ability to organise and maintain a wine cellar.
• Understand stock control and cellar management and have an ability to respond to an ever-changing market.
• Ability to lead, teach, motivate, and inspire a team encouraging them to actively promote products and services whilst ensuring excellent standards of customer care and service.
• Ensure that there is clear and effective communication with the hotel management, kitchen, and front of house teams throughout the hotel.
• Ensure that all administrative requirements are completed in line with company policy i.e. stock control, HACCP, Health & Safety, company monies.
Why join / benefits:
• COMPETITIVE SALARY
• 21 days holidays plus Bank Holidays
• Annual performance rated Bonus
• All meals on duty, discounts on hotel rooms and other F&B outlets in the group.
• Subsidised Accommodation can be provided
- Wine / Beer / Spirits Qualifications
- WSET Diploma
- Hospitality Qualification
- Service Records (past 6 years)