Breakfast Chef de Partie (6 months contract)
START DATE: 1 APRIL 2023 to 30 SEPTEMBER 2023
Are you passionate about travelling, food, meeting new people, being part of a cohesive team and creating memorable moments through your work as a chef…… IF you said YES TO ALL of those questions then we are looking for you !!
We are looking for flexible, hard working, creative and dedicated people to join our high performing kitchen team on the beautiful island of Guernsey. In return for your hard work and dedication, you will receive a market related salary, 100% split of gratuities, training and development, opportunity to learn from the best, modern subsidised staff accommodations, a work permit a, two full days off per week (except over Christmas & New Year period).
You will be responsible to assist with the efficient running of the breakfast kitchen in line with company standards, whilst meeting employee, guest and owner expectations. The Chef de Partie is responsible to supervise the assigned station / section of the outlet kitchen, in order to prepare a consistent, high quality product and ensure courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service that supports the operating concept and required standards.
WHAT YOU NEED TO QUALIFY:
- Minimum 2 years work experience as Chef de Partie or 3-4 years as Demi Chef de Partie/Commis in a hotel or large restaurant with good standards; preferably with experience in luxury international brands.
- Comprehensive knowledge of kitchen hygiene practices and occupational health and safety standards will be essential.
- City and Guild Culinary Arts Level 2 or higher or similar qualification is required
- Police Clearance Certificate (Issued within the past 6 months)
- TWO service records (MUST BE WITHIN THE PAST 6 YEARS)