Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks.
- Order and maintain inventory of food and supplies needed to ensure efficient operations.
- Hire, train, and supervise cooks and other food preparation workers.
- Monitor sanitation practices and ensure that kitchen safety standards are followed.
- To assist the his / her superiors daily in organising, planning, directing and controlling of the Kitchen Department and its team members, and organising workloads and its team members’ assignments.
- To be responsible and ensure that all the activities of the department are done as per established hotel standards and procedures, and further assist his/ her team members in anyway possible.
- To assist the Executive Chef in designing menus (incl. special menus) and standardizing recipes for all food service locations (incl. outside catering) considering customer base, popularity of various dishes, costs, and a variety of other factors.
- Consult with catering team member about food production aspects of special events being planned.
- To assist the Executive Chef in constantly updating all menus, paying special attention to seasonal availability.
- Develop and test recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation that help to ensure consistent top quality and food costs; and exercise portion control over all items served.
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skilful preparation.
- To ensure that all stocks are ordered to the correct quantities, quality and price.
- To ensure that all stocks being kept securely and under the correct conditions applicable to each type of commodity stored.
- To establish an effective all round control of the department by carrying out regular spot checks with regards to stock, portion control, standard of presentation, flavour of foods among others. Also establish control to minimise waste and theft.
- Evaluate food products to ensure that quality standards are consistently achieved.
- This list is non-exhaustive.
- Qualifications: School Certificate, NC3 Food Production
- Experience: Atleast 4 years experience as Chef de Partie or equivalent
- Personal Qualities: Organisational Skills, Planning and Good communication, Flair with ingredients, Multi tasked and having a passion for cooking