Duties & Responsibilities:
- To assist the his / her superiors daily in organising, planning, directing and controlling of the Kitchen Department and its team members, and organising workloads and its team members’ assignments.
- To be responsible and ensure that all the activities of the department are done as per established hotel standards and procedures, and further assist his/ her team members in anyway possible.
- Develop and test recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation that help to ensure consistent top quality and food costs; and exercise portion control over all items served.
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- To ensure that all stocks are ordered to the correct quantities, quality and price.
- To ensure that all stocks being kept securely and under the correct conditions applicable to each type of commodity stored.
- To establish an effective all round control of the department by carrying out regular spot checks with regards to stock, portion control, standard of presentation, flavour of foods among others.
- To assist the Executive Chef in constantly updating all menus, paying special attention to seasonal availability.
- Qualifications: Diploma in Hotel Management/ Culinary Arts,, NC3 Food Production
- Experience: Atleast 4 years experience as Pastry sous Chef
- Personal Qualities: Organisational Skills, Planning and Good communication, Flair with ingredients, Multi tasked and having a passion for cooking
- Additional Skill required: Knowledge of sops implementation, budgeting, stock management