- Supervise the team, ensuring that the hotel standard and cleaning/ sanitizing methods in the kitchen areas, buffets and canteen are employed.
- Organise daily work, roster and cleaning schedules and checklists.
- Responsible for the steward pantry and key.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of stewards.
- Ensure that proper cleaning material and equipment are being used and train team on cleaning and use of materials and equipment.
- Ensure that the food production areas are supplied with clean and dry kitchen utensils.
- Ensure that the back of the house cleaning schedules and garbage runs are strictly adhered to.
- Inform maintenance of damages and follow up on repairs.
- Carry regular briefings to ensure proper communication on operations.
- The Chief Steward will be required to conduct his duties in a respectful, safe and efficient manner, in accordance with the hotel’s policies and procedures, brand standards and code of conduct, ensuring that a high level of cleanliness is maintained by the stewarding team at all times.
- Qualifications: Form 4.
- Experience: At least 3 years in supervisory position in same field.
- Personal Qualities: Organisational Skills, Planning and Good communication.
- Qualifications: School Certificate.
- HACCP – Food Hygiene.
- Chemical safety.
- Supervisory skills