Asterism is a Management Company, whose office is located in Port-Louis. We have an open position for a Compliance Analyst who is looking to join a dynamic organisation with a stellar reputation and adhere to its culture of excellence. Your job will be to ensure that the operations and business transactions of our clients comply with all relevant laws, regulations, and/or internal policies. Your responsibility as an essential element of the Compliance Team will be to ensure that the company and its clients operates in a fully compliant and ethical manner, while meeting business objectives.
- Provide support to the Compliance Officer to develop, initiate, maintain and revise policies for the general operation of the Compliance Protocol to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Remain abreast of all compliance activities, identify trends and potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk.
- Provide support to the Compliance Officer in overseeing the internal compliance framework / program / processes and procedures.
- Manage information flow by researching, recording and analysing data and information.
- Provide support and assistance to the Compliance Officer for FATCA/CRS
- Ensure alertness and vigilance to potential breaches of compliance.
- BSc/BA in law, finance & law, business management & law or a related field.
- CAMS qualification would be a real differentiator.
- The highest degree of discretion, integrity, and professional ethics are required for this position.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a compliance position.
- Experience in the practical aspects of risk management.
- Knowledge of international AML.
- Thorough knowledge of local regulatory and AML laws, policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with local industry practices and international professional standards.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and structured team and to adhere to the highest standards of professional practice.
- Rigorous attention to details is a required skill.