The Business Continuity & IT Risk Analyst (BCITA) will to support the risk function with the management, organization, assessment and reporting of business continuity management and IT-related risks. He/She will participate in business continuity and disaster recovery efforts to ensure the overall business continuity program is maintained and tailored to business needs. The BCITA will also participate in the wider operational risk initiatives especially where these have an impact on business continuity and IT-related risks.
- Participate Business Impact Assessment exercises
- Provide support in the identification of critical business functions and relevant metrics for assessing the efficiency of the overall BCM Framework
- Ensure that requirements identified in the BIA align with the existing strategies and capabilities and remediate gaps as required
- Participate in the maintenance of business continuity plans and related documentation
- Provide assistance in Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery drills, document assessment results and identify lessons learnt
- Participate in developing and performing recurring business continuity awareness to overall user base as part of ongoing enterprise training plan
- Provide support to the Incident Management and Crisis Management Teams during activations
- Help to identify areas of non-conformity and recommend better ways of performing continuity processes across the organisation.
IT Risk Function & Overall Operational Risk Function
- Participate in the identification of IT risks through various assessments and initiatives
- Maintain the IT Risk Register and perform follow-up of remedial actions with risk owners on a timely basis
- Work closely with IT Security specialists to monitor compliance to policies and procedures as well as relevant industry standards, laws & regulations
- Support in the overall operational/ IT risk framework and suggest improvements where relevant
- Understand and interpret key risk indicators, and escalate risk and issues identified via proper channels
- This is a growth role, open to someone willing to learn and grow into this function
- Ability to engage at multiple levels with an aim to mitigate against business continuity and IT-related risks.
- Working knowledge of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery is an advantage
- Familiarity with basic IT Infrastructure setup and technical standards environment for management of IT/ Cyber Risk Management
- Knowledge of relevant IT-related standards such as FFIEC, ITIL, ISO2700, ISO22301 standards is preferred
- Degree in IT Risk Management / Business Information Systems / Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Software Engineering or any other related field of study
- Good teamwork and communication skills