Analyst – IT Risk
Login to bookmark
Apply for job
Apply for this job
Expiration Date: April 29, 2023
The Analyst – IT Risk will support the Risk function with the management, organization, assessment and reporting of IT related risks. The selected candidate(s) will also participate in the wider operational risk initiatives especially where these have an impact on business continuity and IT-related risks.
This is a growth role, whereby the successful candidate would also gain, if not already acquired, the skills to participate in business continuity and disaster recovery efforts to ensure the overall business continuity program is maintained and tailored to business needs in line with existing strategies.
- Responsible for identifying IT risks affecting the Group and recommend risk mitigation strategies and policies
- Maintain relevant IT Risk Registers and follow-up defined remedial actions with risk owners on a timely basis.
- Work closely with IT Security specialists to monitor compliance to policies and procedures as well as with relevant industry standards, laws & regulations.
- Provide inputs to the Senior Manager / Chief Risk Officer in improving the operational/IT/BCP risk framework, processes, guidelines and policies
- Capture and maintain relevant key risk indicators (KRIs) and escalate/ report identified risks and issues identified via proper channels.
- Participate in the review of new products, processes, IT systems and digital projects.
- Participate in Business Continuity implementation efforts for the department and for the organisation as whole.
- Provide assistance in Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery drills, document assessment results, and recommend enhancements to performing continuity processes across the organisation.
- Ensure that business continuity and recovery action plans are kept up to date and reflective of business requirements and environmental change.
- Prepare relevant reports for presentation to appropriate risk management forums/committees.
- Participate in the implementation of the risk awareness programme for the overall user base as part of ongoing enterprise training plan.
- Degree in IT or IT Risk Management / Business Information Systems / Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Software Engineering or any other related field of study
- Experience in risk management or similar role and knowledge of the IT related standards would be an advantage
- Detail-oriented and critical thinking
- Good communication skills and ability to engage at multiple corporate levels
- Good teamwork and work ethic
- Grow within a learning focused Risk team
- Hone your IT risk/Audit knowledge in a fast moving/technology focused leading Financial services provider
- Learn BCP concepts and real world application