RISK ANALYST (H/F)
Login to bookmark
Apply for job
Apply for this job
Expiration Date: June 22, 2023
MUA offers its corporate and individual clients an array of insurance, pension, investment, savings and stockbroking solutions. We have a dynamic team in Mauritius, Seychelles and East Africa.
Listed on the Stock Exchange of Mauritius since 1993, we are the industry leader in Motor Insurance and Digital Innovation. We aim to recruit candidates who are experts in their field, have a professional approach and are passionate about fulfilling their potential.
Ensure risks which are faced by the African entities are adequately identified, assessed and managed and reinforce the ‘three lines of defense’ across the entities.
- Integrate Risk Management of the African entities to the strategic development process of the Group.
- Identify and implement Risk Policies and a Risk and Control Matrices. ▪ Develop risk mitigation strategies for the organization’s critical risks and ensure proper monitoring.
- Report to the Risk Manager with regards to the development of risk management policies, risk appetite and risk limits.
- Prepare executive reports and action plans describing appropriate responses plans to be implemented to counter external threats to be validated by the Risk Manager on a regular basis and ad hoc basis.
- Perform risk reviews with all business units to establish, maintain and continuously improve risk management capabilities through coaching and working sessions.
- Establish and communicate the organization’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) objectives and direction including training, awareness sessions, reviews, and maintenance of risk register & controls.
- Regularly appraise our African entities risk compliance including identification & assessment of risks, evaluation of external risks, working with internal & external auditors on areas of concern, performing compliance reviews with risk framework /policies including remote reviews.
- Project management of risk related projects.
- Support on efficiencies and synergies in processes to be implemented within the Group and the other East African entities.
- Assist the Risk Manager in drafting the Risk Management section in the Annual Report.
- Assist in implementing risk monitoring tools and risk appetite statements within MUA East Africa.
- Assist in regulatory inspection.
- Professional qualification in any of the following fields: Risk Management, Insurance, Accountancy, Law, Actuarial Studies, Applied
- Mathematics and Statistics or any other equivalent qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in an Analytical/ Technical Role
- Sound understanding of ERM principles and philosophy.
- Good Presentation Skills.
- Good coordinating capacity, organisational, facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to motivate and work with all levels of Management, across business units and departments.
- Willing to Travel abroad.