Login to bookmark
Apply for job
Apply for this job
Expiration Date: March 27, 2023
Our client, a group of companies based in Mauritius, involved in different sectors and activities. Leader since decades in some of its activities, they are a well-established importer and distributor of leading international brands in Mauritius and Rodrigues.Are you the motivated and experienced HR Manager they are looking for?
The key objectives of the HR Manager include accomplishing organizational goals, work culture, training and development, employee motivation, empowering employees, and team coordination.
The main responsibilities of the Human Resource Manager position are:
- Partner with the leadership team to understand and execute the company’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Recruit, interview, hire, and train new staff in the HR department.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Create learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Oversee employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigation.
- Manage the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Maintain compliance with employment laws and regulations and recommend best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintain pay plan and benefits program.
- Nurture a positive working environment.
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Collaborative working style
- Able to deliver quality outcomes on time, in a dynamic, diverse and fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical thinker who is confident in collating and interpreting HR data to make recommendations for HR decisions and strategy
- Well-founded knowledge of Employment law, regulations and procedures, with a keen interest to keep abreast of developments in the industry
- Enjoys hands-on involvement in all HR operational matters
- Outstanding planning and organizational skills
- Passionate about continuous improvement
- Confident user of MS Office (with advanced knowledge of Excel), HRMS Sicorax payroll and performance management systems
- Degree in Management / Human Resources or equivalent
- Minimum 4-6 years’ experience in HR Management with a similar level and scope of responsibilities
- Experience in a sales and services environment will be an advantage
- Full and clean driving licence