COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST (H/F)
Login to bookmark
Apply for job
Apply for this job
Expiration Date: June 22, 2023
MUA offers its corporate and individual clients an array of insurance, pension, investment, savings and stockbroking solutions. We have a dynamic team in Mauritius, Seychelles and East Africa.
Listed on the Stock Exchange of Mauritius since 1993, we are the industry leader in Motor Insurance and Digital Innovation. We aim to recruit candidates who are experts in their field, have a professional approach and are passionate about fulfilling their potential.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager – Compliance, the Compliance Specialist will be responsible to monitor and comply to the practices set by regulatory bodies.
- Act as liaison with relevant regulators and authorities for the reporting of the Group.
- Supervise the compliance audit & reviews performed by the compliance team.
- Participate in the formulation and update of the Business and Customer’s risk assessment of the Group entities.
- Perform the assessment of AML/CFT risks of new technologies, systems and processes.
- Ensure adherence with applicable regulations, internal policies, procedures, and codes to protect the reputation of the Group with its regulators.
- In a spirit to provide proper guidance to stakeholder, you will ensure at all times that internal systems are up to date with all new amendments /legislation.
- With the support of your reporting line, you will ensure that communications including adverts, brochures or marketing materials comply with the marketing guidelines set by the FSC.
- Provide support on matters relating to the compliance activities of the company and the implementation of the Group Compliance
- Framework, policies, and procedures, as per compliance requirements.
- Provide assistance to the Compliance Officer and the Money Laundering Reporting Officer in discharging his/her duties
- Provide assistance in processing the registrations and applications of Insurance Intermediaries.
- Provide support to the team for the preparation and delivery of AML/CFT training in respect of compliance and money laundering topics.
- Keep abreast of new regulatory developments and advise Management /the business on latest AML/CFT laws, regulatory requirement, and industry initiatives.
- Assist in handling FSC queries, onsite and offsite inspections.
- Assist the Compliance team in the discharge of the day-to-day duties. Any other duties assigned by the Reporting Line.
- Undergraduate in Law and Management, Law and Criminal Justice or holder of an LLB.
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (“ACAMS”) certification would be an advantage.
- Full fluency in French & English.
- Candidates having prior practical Compliance exposure (especially in AML/CFT laws) will be given priority.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details and accuracy.
- Able to work in a team and take initiatives.