As an Engineer in support, you will need to work on improving the database and provide customers with assistance in using and tuning Event Store, diagnose and troubleshoot problems, and be a representative of the support team to them. The location for this role is to be based in Mauritius.
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve system issues involving distributed databases.
- Providing bug fixes and improvements to the database.
- Be able to handle issues of a high level of technicality around databases internals and networking.
- Taking ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution.
- Following standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Providing feedback to product teams.
- Prioritizing and managing several open issues at one time.
- Documenting technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals.
- 2 years of software development experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Excellent understanding of computer systems.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal.
- Good operational knowledge of Linux and/or Windows.
- A background in .NET Framework would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of Event Store and Event Sourcing would be beneficial but not essential.