Our client is a company specializing in the production, development and distribution of premium spirits from Mauritius on the international market.
The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for the development and supervision of all marketing and communications strategies for the company. This individual will oversee the development of goals, strategies, and implementation plans to execute comprehensive marketing campaigns. The Marketing and Communications Manager will also oversee the launch and managing of new products, services, and associated brands to meet profitability goals and targets.
- Initiate research, development, and implementation of new marketing programs,including direct mail, corporate sales, social media marketing, conventions,workshops, advertisements, sales tools and other initiatives.
- Develop and promote branding initiatives consistent with corporate business goals and objectives.
- Ensure all products, services, and other offerings conform to brand identity;conduct ongoing brand management.
- Work with creative staff and other department heads to produce marketing collateral in accordance with brand messages.
- Develop marketing plans within budget requirements.
- Collaborate with all departments to identify internal and external customer needs.
- Communicate and negotiate with promotional partners as needed for joint marketing activities.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on similar industry activities; make recommendations based on findings/opportunities discovered.
- Develop, manage and execute an annual strategic marketing and communications plan for the company to span across all communication media (online and offline) and reach appropriate target audiences, based upon specific performance goals.
- Evaluate the success of various communication strategies and provide and implement recommendations for improvement.
- Develop, manage and produce materials to create a cohesive image and message for print and all offline communication vehicles.
- Oversee the development, management and maintenance of all online communication vehicles.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in marketing, advertising, sales, or business administration, or equivalent.
- 3 – 5 years of work experience in the sector including the handling of corporate communications, original writing and editing and some public relations (prior experience in the FMCG/ spirits industry a plus).
- Excellent understanding and familiarity with brand building and brand management.
- Demonstrated proficiency in internet marketing techniques, technologies, and solutions.
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and past experience in publishing with print and web-media.
- Knowledge of printing procedures and requirements preferred.
- Ability to manage and co-ordinate the end-to-end development process while meeting deadlines and budget requirements.
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills