At Terra, we firmly believe in the future of the cane and agricultural industry. Filled with exciting challenges and constantly evolving to include new technologies, this fascinating industry encourages growth.
Terragri (Agriculture) Ltd is looking for young, bright and ambitious candidates to work alongside seasoned professionals to fulfill the role of Field Operations Officers.
To assist the Area Manager in achieving the objectives of the section, especially with regards to cost reduction, efficiency enhancement and mechanisation programme.
This is a cross functional job where the job holder will work in field operations as well as in other functional areas including mechanised harvesting, land preparation and plantation.
- Assist the Senior Operations Officer in ensuring effective communication with Field Supervisors in order to achieve daily and monthly targets.
- Train Field Supervisors and Agricultural Trainees when the need arises.
- Assist in the maintenance of strict quality control in field operations by clearly communicating to Field Supervisors section’s parameters.
- Verify daily tonnage of cut canes from weighbridge and correct any discrepancies and differences. • Limit spillage of cane in fields and on roads. Take necessary actions to gather and transport all spilt canes.
- Control seed cane fungicide treatment density, planting parameters, tasks assigned, check fertiliser dosage rates and keep field records.
- Control mixing of herbicide products, spraying equipment, standard of application and keep field records.
- Ensure that safety regulations concerning handling of hazardous chemicals are strictly adhered to
- Preferably a Degree in Agriculture, Agri-science or Food science.
- Candidates with Diploma in Agriculture or Agri-science or Food science with at least 1 year of experience in the sugar industry can also apply.
- Good leadership skills and being proactive
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work odd hours
- Wide range of responsibilities from people and resource management to overseeing operations in the fields/active & dynamic working environment/skill development and engage in digital farming
- Salary: No experience : 20,000 / 1 to 3 years exp 25,000, 4 to 5 years exp 30 to 35k basic
- Additionally, transport allowance of 7k or company car
- Working hours: 06:30 to 15:30 Mon to Fri and 06:30 to 11:30 on Saturdays
- Insurance: Medical Health Insurance with Swan after end of probation
- Pension: Swan defined contribution pension scheme as from date of entry
- Other incentives pure to Terragri (Agriculture) Ltd : As mentioned above.