Restaurant Sous Chef (6-month contract) – Guernsey
RESTAURANT SOUS CHEF – VERY VERY BUSY RESTAURANT / BRASSERIE !!
Are you passionate about travelling, food, meeting new people, being part of a cohesive team and creating memorable moments through your work as a chef…… IF you said YES TO ALL of those questions then we are looking for you !!
We are looking for flexible, hard working, creative and dedicated people to join our high performing kitchen team on the beautiful island of Guernsey. Our restaurants are famous for delivering exceptional, modern cuisine with a superb wine list to match our patron’s discerning palates. In return for your hard work and dedication, you will receive a market related salary, 100% split of gratuities, training and development, opportunity to learn from the best, modern subsidised staff accommodations, two full days off per week (except over Christmas & New Year period).
You will be responsible to assist with the efficient running of the kitchen in line with company standards, whilst meeting employee, guest and owner expectations. The SOUS CHEF is responsible to supervise outlet kitchen, in order to prepare a consistent, high quality product and ensure courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service that supports the operating concept and required standards.
- Minimum 2 years work experience as Sous Chef / Junior Sous Chef or 3-4 years as Senior Chef de Partie in a large restaurant with good standards; preferably with experience in luxury international brands.
- Comprehensive knowledge of kitchen hygiene practices and occupational health and safety standards will be essential.
- City and Guild Culinary Arts Level 2 or higher or similar qualification is required
- Police Clearance Certificate (Issued within the past 6 months)
- TWO service records (MUST BE WITHIN THE PAST 6 YEARS)
ONLY OPEN TO NATIONALS FROM:
United Kingdom, Ireland, European Union countries, Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kiribati, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, Micronesia, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincen
Please note if you don't meet ALL the above criteria your application will be unsuccessful.
START DATE: 1st APRIL 2023
You can find out more info about living and working on the islands on our website https://rocktalent.uk