At Opus, integrity isn’t just a buzzword—it’s the cornerstone of who we are. Challenging the status quo has not only helped us to evolve but also allowed us to continue to be independently owned while expanding across seven countries. We’ve carved out our own path to success, which is all about teamwork and curiosity. We love to question everything and try new things to constantly improve our service. And it seems our employees agree on our approach – we’ve earned the Great Place to Work® certification in Canada, Philippines, Mauritius, Ireland, and the USA. We’re on the lookout for people who share our beliefs and are as passionate about our values as we are.
Are you ready to take your accounting career to the next level? Our Fund Accounting team is looking for an enthusiastic Analyst with 1-2 years of experience. While experience in hedge fund accounting or private equity is preferred, we welcome candidates with general accounting backgrounds who are eager to grow in the fund accounting sector. You will support the preparation of Net Asset Value packages for our private equity clients. Responsibilities will include:
- Keep a close eye on cash and investment activities within client accounts.
- Record cash and investment transactions accurately in our accounting software.
- Calculate and record period-end accruals diligently.
- Maintain detailed and organized supporting schedules and documentation.
- Allocate income to investors accurately and compute investor-level fees.
- Prepare comprehensive period-end financial packages, including investor statements.
- Contribute to SSAE16 compliance tasks with attention to detail.
- Play an active role in testing new software functionalities.
- Work collaboratively with external audit and tax accounting teams.
- Perform any other related tasks or responsibilities assigned to you.
We believe in giving our colleagues the best start possible. That’s why we provide extensive in-office training during your initial months with us. This period is designed to fully prepare you with the necessary tools and knowledge, ensuring you’re well-equipped to thrive in your role. As you become proficient and demonstrate your skills, you may have the opportunity to shift to a hybrid work model. This approach not only provides flexibility to help maintain a healthy work-life balance.
A Little Bit About You
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant business field such as accounting or finance.
- You have gained at least 1 year of progressive experience in accounting, ideally with hedge funds or private equity NAV preparation.
- You have a meticulous attention to detail
- You are organized in your approach to work
- You communicate effectively