Based in Mauritius and Paris, the heart of Europe, our client partner with the best fund managers.
Our client invest in European and North American private equity and venture capital funds with global ambitions and sustainable leadership. They select and invest in what we consider being the best of the private equity by navigating in the full life cycle of companies from early stage venture, growth stage to late stage buyout.
Join a complementary and diverse team with entrepreneurial, banking and private equity backgrounds and contribute to build bridges between venture, private and public markets.
Sourcing & Dealflow:
- Support the collective invesment process by sourcing the best ideas for the recommended list of investment opportunities
- Actively monitor and review opportunities on a ongoing basis to ensure recommendations are the best available
- Manage and update the deal flow on a regular basis
- Open new market coverage (Asia) and contribute to develop current coverage (US and Europe)
- Develop a broad and generalist knowledge of the fund of funds investment areas to enable challenge and appropriate understanding with debating investment ideas
- Conduct market analysis on a regular basis (analyse fundraising, valuations, dealmaking, benchmarks…) and give guidance to investment managers on risk of recommendations and portfolio context
- Conduct / Take part in manager meetings to facilitate the opporutnity analysis
- Evaluate investment opportunities and conduct the established due diligence process
- Prepare investment recommendations (memo) summarizing the opportunity and its terms
- Present to Investment Committee
- Review and execute the investment LPA and/or the subscription agreement
- Manage and follow-up the cash-flow process in collaboration with the Operation Team / Middle-Office
- Contribute to maintain the business relationship with the managers
- Monitor investments and developments vs. Targeted performance
- Monitor portfolio through ongoing dialogue with managers & attendance of investors meetings
- Monitoring the global asset allocation and provide inputs by conducting research on sectors and themes
- Update the portfolio management tool and report the investments’ KPIs (capital call, distributions, valuations)
- Calculate the portfolio valuation on a quartely basis
- Calculate the NAV and compute the Fund overall performance and key metrics
- Prepare reporting presentations for the management and investors on a regular basis
- Manage the Fund cash flow (capital calls and distributions) with the Partners in charge
- Participate to meetings with prospects and/or investors in collaboration with the Investor Relations Managers / Partners
- Prepare and participate to the annual investor meeting
- Contribute towards the continuing development of the Group by participate in projects, committees and other activites as requested
- Relevant qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience gained in the asset management, private banking, capital markets industry or in a placement agency
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: interact with investors and maintain the company’s image.
- Strong, positive internal and external relationship management skills enabling you to engage at all levels.
- Detail-oriented with problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates excellent critical judgement and accurate gut feel.
- Flexible, proactive, a learner and able to work within a team.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a client-minded focus.
- Must be able to perform in a high-pressure environment and be able to meet tight deadlines.
- Full proficiency in French and English
- Car and license required