In this role, you will run the incident management process to resolution and restoring our client’s provided IT operations in the advent of any incidents. You will also log and categorize recurring incidents to improve incident management protocols.
To be a successful incident manager, you should have an aptitude for picking up new technologies, procedures both supporting On-Premise and Cloud infrastructures. Ultimately, an outstanding incident manager should excel at multitasking and remain judicious during major incidents.
WHAT RESPONSIBILITIES WILL YOU HAVE ?
- Overseeing the client’s incident management process and teams involved in resolving the incident.
- Responding to a reported service incident, identifying the cause (with responsible technical and application teams), and initiating the incident management process.
- Prioritizing incidents according to their urgency and influence on the business.
- Ensure proper coordination of teams on the production support line and client stakeholders
- Producing documents that outline incident protocols such as how to handle application downtime or how to correct server failures.
- Collaborating with the incident management team to ensure that all protocols are diligently followed.
- Ensure that resolution teams respect SLAs and other performance KPIs
- Manage escalation channels to effectively route incidents to proper resolution teams.
- Logging all incidents and their resolution to see if there are recurring malfunctions.
- Adjusting the incident management process as required to ensure its effectiveness.
- Communicating with upper management if major issues are found in the IT system.
- Managing the incident team members by re-assigning workloads and re-scheduling non-urgent tasks.
- Provide adequate visibility and fluid communication towards the business and IT Support in the advent of incidents.
What academic qualifications do you need?
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, engineering, or a related field.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- At least three years’ experience working in IT service management, or a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of IT service management software including ITIL and COBIT.
- Experience working with ITSM or Ticket Management systems such as Service Now.
- Excellent managerial skills and ability to collaborate with team members.
- Ability to analyze a high volume of technical data and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and time management skills.
- Conversance with SLAs and OLAs for performance benchmarking
- Ability to work on shifts on a 24×7 basis
All of our professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Accenture does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by local law.
COVID-19 update: The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually