BIA Group is active in the sales, rentals and after-sales services of equipment intended for public works, mines, quarries and transport. The Group operates in Europe, Africa and Asia and has more than 1300 enthusiastic employees.
As Data & Network Engineer you will assist in the first step of digitalization of machine data; Ensure the set-up, development and maintenance of data networks within SmartFleet, BIA and/or external organizations; Plan, design and develop stable wireless networks and systems across sites; Support and optimize all network hardware, software and communication links. You will also design, develop and maintain data driven solutions for its customers. From data integration, transformation and loading to data warehouse, which will be used effectively in the development of reports, in creating visualisations and for data analysis.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Design and deploy specific networks, including recommendation and setup of servers, routers, telematics devices & sensors among others, to secure data transmission to SmartFleet.
- Assist with most suitable communication methods, required networks and systems to match data collection needs – networks such as: LAN, Wi-Fi, Cellular 3G/4G, KPAR, LTE / Satellite connection / API / FTP Data Integration.
- Assess and recommend hardware required for data collection, including devices from OEM and 3rd party suppliers, relative to data collection methods:
- Machine data via OEM telematics (machine operations, production, maintenance), real time positioning, smart sensors, safety systems, operator interface…
- Guidance Hardware using 2D, 3D technologies
- Configure networks to ensure their reliability in fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Monitor and test network performance and troubleshoot as required to ensure data transmission continuity.
- Create and maintain documentation relating to network configuration, processes, mapping, and service records.
- Develop and update policies, procedures and relevant training plans for network administration, utilization, and recovery plans.
- Keep up to date with developments in networking industry, such as products, services, protocols and standards.
- Maintain existing & promote new models of equipment, hardware and software upgrades, and interact with suppliers for product specifications or services.
- Verification of data being integrated from various telematics devices.
- Process incoming data for accurate integration and transformation.
- Evaluate unstructured data from their sources - data from various files, APIs, connectors.
- Establish data transfer to their respective storage warehouse and maintain supervision on the different flows.
- Make use of insights, statistics, and operations research to develop SmartFleet interfaces.
Who are we looking for?
- BSc in Computer Science or Equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in BI Tools, such as Qliksense, PowerBI
- SQL Queries.
- Network+, CWNA, and Experience in setting up wireless networks and hardware troubleshooting would be an advantage.
- Technical knowledge of network hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Analytical thinking, Initiative & Proactivity, Result oriented.
What's in it for you?
- A permanent contract.
- A competitive salary and an interesting package of extra-legal benefits.
- A human sized company with international dimension, encouraging autonomy and team spirit.
- Cooperate in a team with experienced and passionate colleagues within a successfully growing family-owned company.
- Benefit from a challenging career opportunity with an extensive training program.
- In this challenging job you get the possibility to take initiative and further develop the function.