- To promote a safety and risk-free culture in all areas of operations and work environment.
- You will be responsible to convey and adhere to safety and health legislation.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To carry out risk assessment as per OSHA 2005 , conversant with the Food Act 1998, HACCP principles and Tour Operators guidelines
- Keep up to date with all aspects pertaining of safety and health legislation and communicate relevant changes to the company.
- Carry out regular inspections, identify risks to safety & health, and advise in writing on practicable measures to be implemented to minimize any risk and record the findings in a risk register.
- You will be responsible of overall recruitment, training and development of your team.
- To ensure a work plan is submitted to all your team members to cover all business units of the group.
- To deliver and organise training related to safety and health to all stakeholders.
- To conduct surveys, audit and inspection as per standard set. To follow on external audits done by recognized bodies.
- Advise and assist the company in planning, organizing, controlling and maintaining a safe and healthy environment for work in compliance with legal obligations.
- Assist management to design and implement emergency plan for foreseeable incidents such as cyclones, hotel fire, tsunami, epidemic.
- Assess Health and Safety risks, planned and monitor that equipment purchased are appropriate and meet the safety standards.
- Coordinate the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
- Establish a structured programme of health & safety training and prepare a yearly work plan for health and safety activities and initiatives/projects, planning of periodic hygiene audits.
- To assist the project team for all safety and health related aspects and in reducing costs in a strategic approach on specific projects.
- A degree in Occupational Health & Safety from a recognized institution or an equivalent.
- At least 5-years’ experience in operations and 3 years at corporate level.
- A registered Safety and Health Officer as per OSHA 2005.
- MQA Approved trainer will be an advantage
- Experience in hospitality sector will be an advantage.
- Personal Qualities: Planning, organizing skills.
- Computer skills (Proficiency in Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong communication skills, structured and organized
- We are a dynamic, creative, fun to be with and warm hearted team. Our mission is to offer our guests a personalized and thoughtful service, a genuine Mauritian experience reflecting thus the true image of our sens of hospitality. Attitude has also been recognized amongst workplace in Mauritius 2017 by the international institute of Great Place to Work
- We celebrate diversity and champion equality and inclusion, encouraging people from all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations and ages to apply. This unity is key to our work culture. We want to set every Family Member up for success, so if you need anything to perform to your best or make work arrangements more comfortable, we will do our best to accommodate you.